Now that we know a little bit about your Party and the creative ideas that you have, it’s time to get serious!
In the next sitting of Parliament your party will be representing either the state or local government to put forward a policy regarding any one of the following areas:
You will be proposing a bill which introduces a new idea to improve on one of these areas.
In preparation for your bill to be passed you must complete the following:
- Your Party must have a Poster that clearly states the Party name and a large logo that represents in some form what area your have chosen to improve
- All Party members must have a badge that clearly identifies the role they have undertaken in this process. This could include:
- Communication Officer – The person who makes sure everything is coming together. They ensure ideas all match up with the plans of each member. This is the group member that will present at Parliament.
- Presentation Developer – This person puts together the groups’ ideas and compiles it into a keynote presentation.
- Marketing Director – This role involves making your party known, you could make a commercial, newspaper article etc. This member is also in charge of making the group poster and badges.
- Researcher – This role involves researching current policies and plans in place for these areas and can justify the purpose for the groups’ new idea. They may also research the cost of implementing this new proposal
Your Party must be ready to present to Parliament in the last few weeks of term!
You will be prepared for Parliament by completing:
- Party name and logo on poster along with badges for all members
- A 5 minute presentation of your proposed idea, including: research regarding any current issues in this area, the cost of your proposal, marketing (commercial and newspaper articles etc), and how it will benefit Australia and the community
Answer the following questions about Yertle the Turtle. We have discussed many of these issues during our class discussion.
- Why do you think Yertle the Turtle thought he was superior to the other turtles?
- Why did the other turtles obey his commands?
- What do you think the other turtles could have done to prevent such a dictatorship?
- Can anyone think of a similar situation in our world today?? Use the internet to research your answer.
- Find quotes from Yertle in the book that indicate the type of leadership exhibited (dictatorship). Write these quotes inside the turtle template provided. Click on the image below to link to the book.
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Sto – Dr. Seuss-rryem7
We are going to watch the following BtN together. It looks at the different levels of government in Australia.
Check out the fact sheet below – what roles does each level of government play?
Design a graphic display of the three levels of government.
What are the three levels of government in Australia and what are their responsibilities?
Use ‘images’ to show what each level of Government is responsible for.